Sunday, July 19, 2009

Visiting with Lauren and Luke

My good friend, Lauren, came to town for a wedding this weekend. While her hubby was playing golf she had a little free time. We met at one of my favorite restaurants, Moe's, well it's actually a sports bar, but who am I to judge?? They have the BEST burgers and fries of any place in Charleston. Lauren and I both started teaching at Lake Murray Elementary in August of 2005. We then moved to Pleasant Hill the next year and coaching C-team cheerleading. WOW was that an experience. There were some major drama queens. Sadly, they were mostly mama's.

Lauren and I had so much fun those two years. She always gave me amazing advice on life. Even though I'm the older one, she is farther ahead of me in the great game of life. She was just married when we met and began teaching and a couple months ago had her first baby, Luke. I met Luke over Spring Break and was amazed by how sweet and smiley he was. He hasn't changed a bit. He let me hold him and love on him almost all lunch. I almost got my baby fix, but definitely went home begging Austin for one. Haha, I'm sure he loved that!!

I tried over and over to get a good picture of Luke with his big smile, but it was kind of dark in Moe's, so my flash kept going off and he would totally drop the smile when he saw the orange light right before the flash. We had to trick him and get him from the side for a happy picture.

There is that handsome smile!! :-) I have baby fever, oh my! Thanks for the visit Lauren and Luke- hope I get to see you next week, too!!

No comments: