Monday, July 6, 2009

My Gourmet White Pizza

I absolutely love the Gourmet White Pizza from Mellow Mushroom! After eating it a couple of times I decided I was going to try my hand at duplicating it. I've perfected my own recipe for this type of pizza. It's soooo yummy and super easy to make. Austin has been a little under the weather the past day so I wasn't planning on making dinner for us tonight. But his appetite came back around 7:30, so I threw this together and took a picture of it!! The recipe is below and is super easy to adapt. Let me know how you like it!!



Katie's Gourmet White Pizza

Preheat oven to 450.

Sauce: Mix following into blender and pour onto pizza crust (I buy already made thin crust pizza crust from the grocery store)

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. majoram
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes


In a pan on medium heat, warm a tablespoon of EVOO. Slice 1/4 of a sweet onion and a couple of cloves of garlic (I love garlic). Add to warmed EVOO. Cook a couple of minutes until limp. Add on top of sauce. Slice 6-7 sun-dried tomatoes and add to pizza. Sprinkle as much or as little Feta cheese over crust. Top with mozzarella cheese.


Once oven is preheated, place pizza directly on rack in the middle. I cook my pizza for 8-9 minutes on 450. ENJOY!! :-)

No comments: