Tuesday, July 14, 2009

2nd Wedding Anniversary


Two years ago on this day was one of the happiest and most blessed of my life. I married my best friend, Mr. Austin, as I always refer to him (I talk about him all the time at school and that's what my kids always call him). Flash forward 730 days later and we're "living the dream". I couldn't imagine my life any different from what it is today. It's very simple- law school tends to do that to you. My happiest times are doing everyday and easy things. We woke up this morning and walked the Battery, I love to walk and talk with him. It's time spent so much better than sitting in front of the tv. Then we ate some cinnamon rolls- they were very yummy! We watched a scary movie while eating East Bay Deli. We both LOVE scary movies and anytime I'm off from school and go to lunch 9 out of 10 times we'll go to EBD. We went to dinner at FIG. It's on Meeting Street before you get to Hymans, Charleston Place, and the Market. It had great food, but a small menu. We both got ID'ed, which Austin gets soooo mad about. I think it's funny for a 31 year old to get id'ed- he should be flattered. :-)



Before we left for dinner, Austin was waiting for me in the garage and I came out and he had flowers. How sweet! After dinner in the car he gave me two cards. His family is notorious for two cards. I had a serious one and then a funny one. The funny one was SO Austin... it said "Who's the best wife in the world? You! Who's the luckiest spouse in the world?..... and I open it up and has a mirror thingy and it says "Oh, look...it's you again!" HAHA. Typical.


The best part about our day is actually tomorrow. Austin bought tickets for the 9 o'clock showing of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Anyone who knows me well, knows that I'm a HP addict. I've read the books multiple times and would put money on me knowing most any HP trivia. I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight.


I know this is the typical wedding season, so lot's of people have recently had or will be having their anniversaries. I hope everyone out there in blog land has a marvelous anniversary and are as blessed as I am. Now I've got to give the husband a massage...he's sore from soccer. I might give him a 5 minute longer massage than normal, I mean, it is our anniversary. :-)

1 comment:

Debra Dele said...

Great picture of y'all. I can't believe it's been 2 years already! Where does the time go??

PS: Yes, I facebook stalked this from Lauren's page and had to check out your blog! :)