Monday, July 6, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Austin and I have been away from home since this past Wednesday. We went to Lake Keowee for the July 4th weekend. Aust's family has a great lake house in Seneca and throws a huge party every 4th of July. We cook enough food to feed a third world country and still have enough to send home with us. I was quite excited to get up there as early as possible. I had grand plans to see friends, eat at certain places, and of course soak up as much sun as my skin could take.

We began the trip at the Esso and ate the world's best chicken fingers (or so I think) on Wednesday night. Thursday I met Brooke, one of my best friends from Lexington, at a great little deli in Greenville. On my way home, I stopped at Hobby Lobby (my new favorite home accent store) and walked around for 2 hours! Good thing about Hobby Lobby is almost everything is always on sale, so I bought $100 worth of stuff and only paid $50. How wonderful!! Dain and Jessica, two friends from CSOL, got there Friday afternoon after Austin played golf at the Walker Course with his sister's boyfriend and some of his friends. We went to the Tiki Hut for dinner. Austin and I met there 4 years ago on July 3rd- how embarressing, but true. Saturday came all of the festivities. People showed up to stay or stopped by beginning around 10. It was absolutely wonderful to see everyone. It's been since football season since we saw most of these people. The food was yummy, the company was wonderful, and the weather was beautiful! There was tubing, cruising on the lake, and some amazing fireworks later in the evening. I was sad for Sunday to come so quickly, but it was inevitable. Cleaning always takes place on Sundays-yuck, but it has to be done. We drove home in lots of traffic, but it was nothing compared to the people heading into Columbia. Thankfully we were going the way we were and we didn't have any backups.

Now for the reason I began this post- getting home is always such a nice thing. We both say how much we miss our bed, our regular seats in the den, and most of all, our cat, Connery. Connery hears us as soon as we pull in the garage and we can hear his sweet little meows through the door. He loves on us for a good 15 minutes after we walk in the door and give him a few treats. This is the one time I can guarentee he will pay us attention. He is definitely a cat.

No comments: