Friday, October 23, 2009

chill pill

Or maybe some prozac! I don't know what has been up with me lately, but I have been majorly stressed out. Nevermind that, I know exactly what has been up with me...I just need to learn to let things go. As soon as I leave that parking lot in the afternoon, I have to push all things school out of my mind- no matter what it may be. I left my report cards sitting on my desk rather than in my administrators box- oh well. I have a parent that sent me a note correcting something I messed up on their child's paper- oh well ( It's not like she won't still have a 99 average!). My kids can't measure for crap- oh well!!

I've come to realize, thanks to my wonderfully supportive, yet sometimes brutally honest husband, that I've been a beast to live with the past two weeks (and probably longer!). I haven't come home with anything nice to say and hardly have cracked a smile. Certainly not the person I like to be. I may not like the way things are going at school. I may want to make a change after this May, but I need to make a decision to change the way I look at things right now so I don't make my life and my husbands life horrible for the rest of the year.

I'm only one person and can only do so much. No need to waste my extra time worrying about things I can't control.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can;and wisdom to know the difference.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love this post. It is so hard not to take "work" home with you. Whether it be something a parent has said, or something awful one of our students is going through. Everyday we set out to move mountains and try to help fill the minds of the faces we love and sometimes we barely move an inch. Other times, we move backwards. I'm glad Austin has helped you realize its your life that needs a smile too! When in doubt- Blast Whitney's "I believe the children are the future..." HAHA.