Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's Snuck Up On Me...

My 29th birthday, that is. I totally freaked out last year about turning 28. I felt I was closer to 30 than 25 (OH how I loved being 25!) and figured I'd probably start to fall apart.

I've had it marked on my calendar, I knew it was coming, but just didn't care. Or maybe didn't have the time to care. I swear things have been so busy around here. With the snow coming and staying forever, grades being due, taking on a student teacher, the multitude of meetings, IEPS and other crap I've had to go to (there will be more to explain in the coming weeks) have just been overwhelming. I totally need another a break.

I suppose on the bright side I haven't had time to think about turning another year older, much less one year less than 30- gasp! My kids, however, haven't let me forget it. They know it's coming and it will be here tomorrow. I'm almost scared to see what will come in. They had some free time on Friday and I got about 15 handmade happy birthday notes. So sweet! They also quizzed me on my favorite candy...I can't wait to down some of it throughout my great day tomorrow.

It's funny how back in college and even a couple years ago I would celebrate my "birthday week". I would continue to have party or dinner after unnecessary dinner. I would go have drinks a few days out of the week to celebrate my extra year of living. This year, all I want is a good dinner with my best friend and to go to bed early. MY HOW LIFE HAS CHANGED.

:-) And I love it!

No comments: