Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to Work

I was pretty anxious to go back to work this morning. I moaned and groaned all day yesterday to Aust, claiming my stomach hurt and I didn't feel good. It didn't work like it used to on my parents.

So I woke up about every hour on the hour last night. Once to move the cat, once to go to the bathroom, another time to move the cat (outside the room this time), another to check the clock, another to turn off Austin's watch that went off TWICE about 20 minutes before my alarm clock went off. Needless to say, I didn't get a good night sleep. I always do this, whether it's the night before a return to school from a big break, a weekend, or before a big day at work, I'm up ALL night. I can't seem to turn my brain off and am constantly making list after list of things that need to be done. I wish I had a switch that controlled my brain.

As soon as I got to work though, everything was fine. Of course I got everything done before the kiddies came striding in. They were full of smiles, hugs and tons of things to tell me. We actually started this morning off with a little sharing time because I know I'd get interrupted throughout the entire day with insignificant things if I didn't.

I always love the kids coming back after Christmas. It seems like they always seem to grow in leaps and bounds over the two weeks I don't see them. They come back more responsible, more mature, and ready to soak up every little thing I have to say. At least most of them do. 

I've realized this many times before, but it shown through to me again today- I love my job. I love being around my kids. I love getting to make an impact and be a part of their lives day in and day out. I love being a teacher and I am so lucky to have this job!

Hopefully tomorrow will be

No comments: