Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm so excited!


The one and only thing I requested for my birthday was a sewing machine. My wonderful husband bought me one! He told me when he got to the store he had full intentions of not buying a "beginning" machine. Intermediate is the way to go, I'll grow into it, is what he thought. Once in front of all the sewing machines, he changed his tune and bought me a Singer Simple.

I've been extremely intimidated by just the box. I've left it upstairs for the past week, contemplating how I was going to tackle this sewing thing. I've solicited advice from friends- Mary Catherine and Brooke. I have tons of friends that sew and I'd say have comparable intelligence to myself (at least I hope). So today I decided was the day. I was going to do something with this machine. I got in the car and headed to Hancock Fabrics. This is my first experience in a fabric store looking for fabric and not just ribbon- thank you 15 plus years of cheerleading. I get on the phone with Brooke and she explains to me how confused I probably am and to just get some straight pins and cheap fabric to play around with.Apparently I like paisley's.
I did what she said, bought some cute fabric, pins, AND bought some fabric scissors (I'll need these, right?) I've decided I'd love to make some curtains for the boring and plain kitchen I have. But I think I may have to tackle how to thread the bobbin first....this could be a long night.

No comments: