Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy Birthday...to me!

Well, another birthday has come and gone. I'm one year closer (sigh) to the dreaded age of 30. Normally I love celebrating my birthday. I make it in to one week long (or longer) celebration. It helps when I continue to get birthday presents well into February and sometimes March. Some of my friends and family don't get to see me too often.

This birthday was no different. It began with a stop off in Greenville for lunch and drinks with Allyson, her fiance Matt, and Mike D. who flew in for the Duke game. We then drove the last 40 minutes to Clemson and hung out with Austin's parents for a little while. Then we all had dinner at Sardi's with Trey joining us. I wish I had gotten pictures of this, but of course, I forgot. There were so many people at Sardi's. And of course when the Watts' walk in, they know half the people there. I've learned the short two and a half years I've been a Watts that everyone knows who they are. But another GOOD thing is that they hardly ever have to wait to sit down anywhere. Our table was waiting on us.

After dinner, we drove to the game. As soon as we walked in to Littlejohn, I ran into 10 people I knew and hadn't expected to see there! It was such a nice surprise seeing everyone. Our seats were AMAZING. We were 5 rows up from the floor, just a little to the left of the Game Day crew. Austin had to have a pic in front of them.

Well the game was kind of disappointing, but what made my day was halftime. CJ Spiller is one of the most sincere and amazing athletes that Clemson has had in my opinion. The student body government gave him the honor of naming an award after him. I stood at the top of the stairs and shed a tear. Who knows if I'll see another caliber of athlete like CJ at Clemson in my lifetime.
On Sunday, (my real birthday) Austin gave me a sewing machine. I've been dropping subtle hints that I wanted one since Christmas. I'm very excited to begin learning how to do all that most of you guys reading this already do. I'm a smart girl. I'm sure I can figure this out. I may need some help though. When you see my name pop up on your caller ID please answer. :-)

Wednesday was the final day for celebrations. A few of my friends, my wonderful husband and I went to dinner at La Tabella. La Tabella is a new Italian, pasta and steak place on James Island. The owners are some of our friends. I LOVE their restaurant. Great food and great wine!

All in all a great birthday.I'm so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life to help me celebrate. This coming year will be bringing many changes to my family: graduations, new jobs, and moving houses just to name a few. While the chapter of our life may be closing in Charleston, I know the friendships we've made will last throughout our lifetime.




2 comments:

Kelli Staggs said...

Happy Birthday Katie!! Sounds like you had a great birthday week :o) So excited about the sewing machine. Can't wait to see what you make!

The Watts' said...

Thanks Kelli! I'm scoping hard to do things...like do I need to buy needles and thread? what kind should I buy? How do I start my machine. Those tricky kind of things, ya know!!