Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Global Warming, My Butt!

My intent for this post is not political, however I may venture (slightly) into some of my views- please forgive me!

I. Hate. Winter. Plain and simple. I always have, I always will. I don't know what it is, maybe all the clothes I have to pile on, constantly having to wear socks (I really despise socks- even though my feet are constantly freezing), having chapped lips and dry skin.

Something about this winter just seems different to me. Maybe it was when Christmas day was really freezing and rainy and I couldn't go play on my Big Wheels that Santa brought me. (J/k Austin always says he's going to get me one for Christmas.) Maybe it was the record low temps in Charleston and the **possibility** of snow in January. We never have any possibility, ever. I actually am having a hard time getting my car warm quick in the mornings- my Prius usually warms up nice and quick, but not this month. I think she's just not used to it.

With all this being said, I find it hard to believe that Global Warming really truly exists. I mean I believe it is important to take care of our planet. After all, it's the only one we've been given. Yes, it's not ours, it's our Father's and He's trusted it to us. Now, I think to an extent, we can affect what happens, but not to the extent we're being told.

But have we not studied in school about the ice ages? Wouldn't the earth need to warm up in order to melt all that ice? The earth has changed a great deal since it first came into being. The continents have moved, living things have come and gone, and the temperatures have CHANGED. I don't believe the dinosaurs caused that, do you?

In my world, I'd go into hibernation until spring. Hopefully my body would eat away all my fat and I'd come out all skinny and ready for swimsuit season- AHHHHH!

Too bad...until then I'll don my sweaters, scarfs, gloves, toboggan, and heavy coat that adds 15 lbs.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I imagine you know by my quick insert during the Birthday Dinner Convo that was about to turn political but: I believe its GLOBAL FREEZING not Warming as history repeats itself and the EARTH FROZE. But hey- Maybe I was the only one listening in class while everyone else was melting ice cubes with their Bunsen Burners. Well... and clearly you as well. If Global Warming was here years ago the Titanic might have made it! Shame... shame.

K