Thursday, August 11, 2011

3 Weeks


Here are some 3 week stats-


  • Hannah, you are sleeping very well. You get around 3 hours during the night and sleeps strong during the day. During and after you eat, you are very alert-eyes are wide open looking all over. You've been very alert since the day you were born though, so that doesn't surprise me!
  • You drink about 60ml to 80 ml every feed. You've started to spit up when you eat too fast...even though we have slow release nipples on our bottles. Whenever we pull the bottle out of your mouth you smack your lips. Daddy and I love listening to it.
  • You are still not interested in breastfeeding, so I'm pumping my little heart out. The things you do for love!
  • You have started to get "fussy" every night around 7. You refuse to nap after this feed and whine for 3 hours. Whoever says you can't spoil a newborn doesn't know this child...she already knows when she cries she can get picked up- Daddy and I are on to you. Daddy is strong, mommy gives in.
  • Daddy likes to call you Hannah Monster and Hurricane Hannah. Not that you're bad or fuss a lot, just something he came up with. I call you Hannah Banana and Nana; so not original- sorry.
  • You LOVE to be outside. The hotter the temperature, the better. We just might be able to take you to some September Clemson games. You and I take walks in the stroller downtown and to the park. You go right to sleep when you're in your car seat. Everyone says how cute and tiny you are when they stop us on our walks.
  • You have my mouth and daddy's feet- and he's totally obsessed with them. We're still trying to figure out where you got your nose and what color eyes and hair you'll end up with.
  • You double sneeze...every time.
  • You're in between preemie and newborn diapers.
Hannah, daddy and I love you so much. I am so thankful to daddy for working so hard so that we can stay home together. We are so blessed to have you, our little miracle, in our life. I thank God everyday for the amazing opportunity to be your mother.




I've noticed something- I am not in any of these pictures. This has to change!!

No comments: