Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ouch!

Earaches are the worst! And for some reason, I seem to get them occasionally. I mean, what other adult gets ear infections?? I remember the pain as a child and how helpless you feel. But as an adult it feels even worse because I can't go cry to someone to make it feel better.

I was perfectly fine all last night. I watched some tv in bed before going to sleep- nothing was wrong. As soon as I turned the tv off, my ear started to feel weird. Like stuffy. By the end of the hour, it had turned into full blown pain. I didn't want to just lay around, so I got up around 11 and started making sub plans. I. HATE. SUB PLANS. Especially when I haven't gotten to prepare my room for someone else. I hope my kids haven't eaten her yet. It's raining and I left lots of silent reading for them, haha. She'll never want to come back.

Anyways, I started to search for at home remedy's around 1-ish. I found a blog that said to take the juice from an onion and drop it into your ear. WEIRD. But I was desperate. I tried to grate some onion and that didn't work. So I took dry onion and put some water in it, heated it in the microwave, cooled it off, and dropped it in. I could not believe in 5 minutes my ear felt fine. I finally got back to sleep around 2:30 and slept straight until 8. Craziness, but it totally worked. I can't wait to ask my doctor why when I go in this morning.

I know how I'll be taking care of middle of the night earaches from now on!

No comments: